|Heraldry of the World |
Heráldica do mundo
|Portuguese heraldry portal|
- National Arms of Portugal
- National Flag of Portugal
Portugal is divided in 18 Districts and two Autonomous Regions (Açores and Madeira). Each district is divided in municipalities. All municipalities (Concelhos) are further divided into parishes or sub-municipalities (Freguesias), except for the very small island of Corvo, Açores. There are 308 concelhos and 4260 freguesias.
The districts have no separate arms, but use the arms of the capital city. The two autonomous regions have their own arms:
Coats of arms of Municipalities and Freguesias
All municipalities and over 90% of the parishes have arms.
For each municipality and parish (freguesia) the district/region is mentioned, and the municipality for the parishes.
Select by first letter:
Other heraldic material from Portugal
- Military heraldry of Portugal
- Heraldic stamps of Portugal
- Heraldic postcards Portugal
- Armorial Lusitano postcards
- Calendarios Edições Cromogal (Portuguese municipal arms on pocket calendars)
- Calendarios Exército Português (Portuguese military arms on pocket calendars)
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please support the site: