St Edmund Hall (Oxford University)
ST EDMUND HALL (OXFORD UNIVERSITY)
Or, a cross patonce between four sea-pies sable, winged argent.
These arms are not officially granted.
The founder of this Hall is supposed to have been Edward of Abingdon, who was Archbishop of Canterbury from 1233 to 1210. The arms used by the College are those attributed to the Archbishop. The birds are variously referred to as sea-pies, oyster-catchers or Cornish choughs.
The arms on a tobacco card, (1922)
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !