|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on February 10, 1928.
The arms are based on the different territories to which the district belonged. The two chequered fields in the upper part are the arms of the counties Sponheim-Kreuznach and Sponheim-Starkenburg. The lower part shows the cross of the State of Trier. The bishops of Trier played a major role in the history of the area. The bishops had a castle in the city of Zell. The horn, finally, symbolises the territory of Beilstein.
Postal cancellation 1955
Rate these arms / rate this page :
Literature : Stadler, K., 1964-1971.