125th Signal Battalion, US Army

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Usa.jpg
US heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of the United States
Usa.flag.gif

125TH SIGNAL BATTALION, US ARMY

Arms of 125th Signal Battalion, US Army

(Coat of Arms)
Arms of 125th Signal Battalion, US Army

(Distinctive Unit Insignia)

Official blazon

Shield: Per fess enhanced Tenné and Argent, in chief a diamond headed spear issuing from sinister fesswise of the second and in base on an over a pale Azure (bluebird) a fire beacon Proper.
Crest: On a wreath of the colors Argent and Tenné a sea lion sejant of the first armed and langued Azure, the tail encircling a Korean Taegug Proper, the paws grasping an annulet of bamboo Or, enclosing two lightning lfashes palewaise Gules.
Motto: Leokani okauwila (Voice of Lightning)

Distinctive Unit Insignia Description: A silver color metal and enamel device 1 1/32 inches (2.78 cm) in height over all consiting of a shield blazoned: Per fess enhanced Tenné and Argent, in chief a diamond headed spear issuing from sinister fesswise of the second and in base on an over a pale Azure (bluebird) a fire beacon Proper. . Attached below the shield is an Ornage scroll inscribed "LEOKANI OKAUWILA" in Silver letters.

Origin/meaning

The Colours Orange and White are those of the Signal Corps. The Spear symbolises defence of Ohau on 7 December 1941. It also symbolises the attachment to the 25th Infantry Division spearheading the War in the Pacific. The Fire Beacon across three section symbolises the Battalion mananging Signal Functions during the attack of three North Korean Divisions at Masan-Chinju operation in 1950. The Sealion refers to operations in the Philippines during World War II, for which the Battalion was awarded the Philippine Presidental Unit Citation. The Taeguk symbolises action in the Korean War. The Bamboo annulet signify operations in Vietnam.

The Coat of Arms and Distinctive Unit Insignia was approved on 31 January 1958. The Coat of Arms was amended to add a Crest on 8 August 1978.


Literature: The Institute of Heraldry, US Army