15th Cavalry Regiment, US Army
|Heraldry of the World |
|US heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of the United States
15TH CAVALRY REGIMENT, US ARMY
History : Constituted 2 February 1901 as 15th Cavalry. Organized 12 February 1901 at the Presidio of San Fransisco. Inactivated 18 October 1921 at Fort D.A. Russell,
Wyoming. Activated 22 March 1942 at Fort Riley, Kansas as 15th Cavalry, Mechanized. Broken up and reorganized 12 March 1944 as Headquarters and Headquarters Troop,
15th Cavalry Group, Mechanized; 15th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron, Mech. and 17th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron, Mech. Converterd and redesignated 1 May 1946 as
15th Constabulary Regiment. Inactivated 20 December 1946 ar Füssen, Germany. Redesignated 23 October 1950 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company (HHC), 15th Armored Cavalry Group.
Activated 15 December 1950 at Camp Polk, Louisiana. Redesignated 25 September 1953 as HHC, 15th Armor Group. Inactivated 1 December 1955 at Fort Knox, KY. Redesignated 1 October 1958 as Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 15th Cavalry.
Shield : Per fess gules and argent in chief a lion passant or and in base a kris and kampilan saltirewise of the first hilted sable.
Crest : On a wreath of the colors a setting sun behind "the Golden Gate" all proper.
Motto : Tous pour un, un pour tous (All for one, one for all)
The Partition of the Shield alludes to the Old Cavalry Guidon. The Lion is form the Arms of the City of Bordeaux, France as the Regiment served in the vicinity of that City. The Kris and Kampilan symbolizes action in the Philippines. The Crest alludes to the City of San Fransisco where the Regiment was Raised in 1901. The Golden Gate was one of the few buildings left standing in San Francisco after the fire of 1906. ___________________________________________________________
Rate these arms / rate this page :
Literature: Armor-Cavalry Historical Services Division Office of the Chief of Military History, Department of the Army.