Decemberbanner.jpg

409th Regiment, US Army

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 11:51, 20 August 2023 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "|Arms of {{PAGENAME}}]]" to "|Coat of arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]]")
Jump to navigation Jump to search

409TH REGIMENT, US ARMY


Coat of arms (crest) of 409th Regiment, US Army

(Coat of Arms)
Coat of arms (crest) of 409th Regiment, US Army

(Distinctive Unit Insignia)


Official blazon

Shield: Azure, a copper-colored mullet fimbriated Or charged with a plate bearing a Suhuara cactus growing from a patch of ground Vert.
Crest: That for the regiments and separate battalions of the U.S. Army Reserve: From a wreath Or and Azure, the Lexington Minute Man Proper. The statue of the Minute Man, Captain John Parker (H.H. Kitson, sculptor), stands on the common in Lexington, Massachusetts.
Motto: STEADFAST.

Distinctive Unit Insignia. A gold color metal and enamel device 1 1/8 inches (2.86cm) in height overall consisting of a shield blazoned: Azure, a copper-colored mullet fimbriated Or charged with a plate bearing a Suhuara cactus growing from a patch of ground Vert. Attached below the shield a Gold scroll inscribed "STEADFAST" in Blue letters.

Origin/meaning

The arms were originally approved for the 409th Regiment Infantry, Organized Reserves on 20 August 1925. It was amended to withdraw "Organized Reserves" from the designation and to delete the Organized Reserves' crest from the coat of arms for the 409th Infantry Regiment on 29 July 1959. On 25 June 1970 it was amended to reinstate the crest of the U.S. Army Reserve and revise the symbolism for 409th Infantry Regiment. The arms were redesignated for the 409th Regiment on 17 June 1999. The Distinctive Unit Insignia was originally approved for the 409th Regiment Infantry, Organized Reserves on 20 August 1925. It was amended to withdraw "Organized Reserves" from the designation on 29 July 1959. On 25 June 1970 the symbolism was amended. The insignia was redesignated with description updated for the 409th Regiment on 17 June 1999.

Literature: Images and Information from The Institute of Heraldry, US Army.