|Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom > Channel Islands
The lion, probably the British lion, was first used on a seal of the Court of Alderney from 1745. The lion holding a sprig of broom, was confirmed as arms of Alderney by King Edward VII. The arms, however, were not officially registered at the College of Arms until 1993.
The arms in the Abadie albums
The arms on a 1983 First Day Cover
Literature : Image and information send by The States of Alderney (www.alderney.gov.gg)