From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wapen van Anzegem/Arms (crest) of Anzegem

Country : Belgium

Province :


Loading map...
Official blazon
  • (1933) In goud een keper van keel beladen met drie ringen van zilver, het schild geplaatst voor een Sint Johannes Baptista van goud.
  • (1986) Gevierendeeld 1. en 4. in goud een keper van keel, beladen met drie ringen van zilver 2. en 3. in zilver een hamei van sabel; hartschild: in goud getralied van sabel.
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on June 1st, 1933 (see below) and new arms were granted on July 8, 1986.

The oldarms are derived from the arms of the Lords of Hemsrode, who owned the estate of Anzegem for many centuries. The arms are mentioned for the Lords of Hemsrode since the 16th century. St. John Baptist is the patron saint of the village.

The new arms combine the old arms with the arms of Ingooigem (second and third quarter) and Vichte (escutcheon).

Image gallery

Literature: Servais, 1955; new arms provided by the Anzegem council.

Belgium heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Belgium heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 4,853
  • of which images : 3,617

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site