Country : Germany
State : Thüringen
District (Kreis) : Weimarer Land (until 1994 Apolda)
The arms were officially granted on December 17, 1856.
The arms of Apolda show a tree trunk which first appears on a seal dating from the 16th century. When the arms were officially granted on it was mentioned that the trunk symbolised the 'ever renewing character of the city'. The tree is probably a canting apple tree. The arms were granted with helmet, crest and mantling, but these were not always used, as can be seen from the images below.
In the 1990s at first the whole armorial bearings were placed in a shield, but this non-heraldic practice was abolished and the old arms were restored again.
The arms in an album from around 1910
The arms in the Emmerlinge albums
The arms in the Kurmark Wappenschau album from 1929
The arms in the Abadie albums
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site