|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on July 18, 1983.
The new arms combine the claws of the previous arms with a crosier. The crosier symbolises the former Bücken Abbey, founded in 882 by the Bishop of Bremen. Since 1413 the Abbott and the Counts of Hoya ruled the village. The crosier in combination with the claws already appeared in the seal of the village from 1413.
The previous arms
The two bear claws in the arms are derived from the arms of the Counts and County of Hoya, to which the area historically belonged.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Ziegler, 1986