Büren (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

  • (de)

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on February 9, 1933.

The arms are a combination of the cross of the bishops and State of Paderborn in the upper part and the arms of the Lords of Büren in the lower part. The bishops of Paderborn gradually increased their power in the area in the 12th and 13th century. The area belonged to the State of Paderborn until 1802.


Follow us :   
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.