The only known seal of Bad Ditzenbach dates from the early 20th century and shows only the arms of Württemberg. In 1939 the local seal showed a castle, not in a shield, most likely the former Hiltenburg castle. The left arms above were devised in 1959. The fountain symbolises the local mineral springs. The base of the arms shows the arms of Bayern, as the village belonged to the Wiesensteig Estate from 1642-1752 and to Bayern itself from 1752-1806. The Wiesensteig Estate was ruled jointly by Bayern and Fürstenberg. The arms were granted on October 28, 1959.
The new arms were granted on August 17, 1977 and combine the old arms with the colours of the other two municipalities. The base with Bayern was removed, as the other municipalities were no possession of Bayern.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Gönner and Bardua, 1966; Bardua, 1987.