Baruth/Mark

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to: navigation, search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen
Germany-flag.jpg

  • Total pages in the German section : 18,581

BARUTH

State : Brandenburg
District (Kreis) : Teltow-Fläming (until 1994 Zossen)
Additions : 1974 Klein Ziescht; 1997 Groß Ziescht (1957 Kemlitz), Horstwalde, Mückendorf, Radeland; 2001 Dornswalde, Klasdorf, Paplitz, Petkus (1950 Glashütte; 1971 Charlottenfelde; 1999 Ließen), Schöbendorf

Wappen von Baruth/Mark

Official blazon

Geteilt durch silbernen linken Schrägbalken von Grün über Rot; oben eine goldene doppeltürmige spitzbedachte Kirche mit einem Tor und je zwei Fenster in Schwarz; unten ein goldenes Glasgefäß. Der Linksbalken ist mit 12 schwarzen Tannen belegt.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on December 19, 2001.

We have no information on the meaning or origin of these arms.

If you have any information on these arms mail us !

Wappen von Baruth/Mark

The previous arms
Seal of Baruth/Mark

Seal from around 1900

The arms show the former importance of the viniculture in the area. The three hills symbolise the Windmühlenberg, Weinberge and Sandiche Berge in the municipality. The arms are know from a seal dating from 1638.

Later seals showed only one bunch of grapes, which was shown by Hupp in the 1920 as arms for the city, see below.

Siegel von Baruth/Mark

The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Wappen von Baruth/Mark

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925


Literature :Benzig et al, 1985; Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s Brandenburgstate.jpg