|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted in 1909 by King Wilhelm II of Preussen.
The arms are based on the oldest known seal of the village, dating from around 1500. The tree in the arms is a canting element (Baum).
In the 18th century two small shields were placed besides the tree, one with the arms of Zweibrücken, one with the diamonds of the Wittelsbach family. The area belonged at the time to the County of Zweibrücken, which was ruled by the Wittelsbach family.
In the early 20th century the arms below were shown in the Kaffee Hag albums. These arms show the same composition, but in different colours.
Seal from around 1900
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925