Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Koninkrijk België - Royaume de Belgique - Königreich Belgien
|The National Arms of Belgium||The National Flag|
Belgium has a rather complex, language based, admisitrative division. Besides the Federal Government, which is based in Brussels, there are three language communities (Dutch, French and German) as well as three regions (Vlaanderen (Flemish region), Wallonie (French region) and Brussels Capital Region (bilingual).
The regions are further divided into provinces (5 each) and municipalities (around 590).
Heraldry of provinces and communities
- Arms of language communities:
The bilingual Brussels Region does not use arms.
- Arms of Provinces:
Arms of municipalities
All municipalities are listed under their official names. Synonyms in the other language(s) are not included in the alphabetical list, except for official bilingual municipalities.
Prefixes as De, Het, 's, L', Le, La, Un, Une are placed behind the name for example De Panne is under P.
Select by first letter:
Like in the Netherlands a number of Waterschappen (water boards) exist in the Flemish provinces. These are bodies that regulate the water levels in a certain area.
- Ecclesiastical heraldry of Belgium
- Institutional heraldry of Belgium
- Corporate heraldry of Belgium
- Military heraldry of Belgium
Heraldic collector's items
- Koffie Hag : Wapens van het Koninkrijk België en het Groothertogdom Luxemburg - Armorial du Royaume de Belgique en du Grand Duché de Luxembourg
- Lonka chocolade : Belgische Wapens
- Victoria chocolade : Arms, flags and types of nations
- Minimix matchbox labels
- Roulertas matchbox labels
- VéGé matchbox labels
- Heraldic postcards
- Heraldic stamps
- Cigar Bonds
Some old publications are also available as pdf, if so, this is listed in the literature file.
Vermeld op : Start.be Handigste startpagina in Belgie - Vlaanderen. Meer dan 250.000 links handig ingedeeld over 1.500 dochterpagina's