|Heraldry of the World|
|Canada heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Canada
Official blazon :
The arms were adopted in 1967.
The arms combine those of the Bruce clan and the Province of Ontario.
The lion and the red St. Patrick cross in the lower part of the shield are borrowed from the Bruce arms, and the three maple leaves and the red St.George cross in the upper right come from the Ontario arms. The coat of arms is completed with a County coronet and a banner with the original motto used by the County since it received official status in 1867.
The Latin "IN DEO IMPERIUM SED POPULUS ADMINISTRAT" translates as "Administration by the People, but under the authority of God".
Literature : Image and information taken from <a href=http://www.brucecounty.on.ca/crest%7Chttp://www.brucecounty.on.ca/crest.htm]].