|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on April 9, 1952.
The village was acquired in 1648 by the Schenken von Waldenbrg family, who rule dthe village until the end of the 18th century. The label in the upper half is taken from their arms. The lower half shows a key, the symbol of St. Peter which refers to the St. Peter's Abbey in Weissenburg, which owned many rights in the municipality.
Literature : Debus, 1988