|Heraldry of the World|
|Luxembourg heraldry portal|
Héraldique de Luxembourg
The arms were granted on November 29, 1984.
The main shield with the red and golden bars is derived from the arms of the Counts of Roussy, who had many possessions in the municipality for many centuries.
The pale with the two fleur-de-lis is derived from the old national arms of France, as the municipality was part of France from 1643-1769.
The cross symbolises the abbeys of Echternach and Munster, that also had many possessions in the municipality.
Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.