Campina do Monte Alegre
|Heraldry of the World |
Heráldica do Mundo
|Brazil heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Brazil
Heráldica do Brasil
CAMPINA DO MONTE ALEGRE
State : São Paulo
The arms were granted on March 28, 1994.
The red field and the swords symbolise the Constitutional War of 1932, when the soldiers of the Law fought the troops of dictator Vargas in the city. The two wavy bars symbolise the Itapetininga and Paranapanema rivers in the city. The cross in the chief symbolises the old chapel in the town and the two roses are a symbol of virtue and honour.
The shield is surrounded by cotton and sugar cane branches, the main agricultural crops in the area.
Literature : Image and background provided by Lauro Ribeiro Escobar, São Paulo.