From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon


The arms of the city were created in 1896 and show a red castle and a small divided shield with a lion and bars. The red castle is canting (the German name, Rothenburg an der Oder, means red castle on the Oder), the small shield is taken from the medieval Lords of Rothenburg, who owned the Nettkow estate. The village Neu-Nettkow was renamed Rothenburg in 1908 when it received city rights.

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

The arms in 1964

The arms in 1994

Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Contact us
Support the site:

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature : Plenako and Wanag, 1994