|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
The arms were probably granted on June 29, 1445, but possibly even before 1278. However, there is no formal grant now on record, only a diploma in the Styrian State Archives by the Emperor Ferdinand II, dated May 8, 1627, which confirms the grant of a seal by King Rudolph of 1278.
The meaning of the arms is not clear, maybe the tower simply symbolises the city character in the woods.
The arms by Widimsky, 1864
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
Special postal cancellation 1974
Literature : Image provided by Karl Palfrader (firstname.lastname@example.org), Kobel (1954), p. 38f; Zaisberger / Pfeiffer, p. 148