Diocese of Central Pennsylvania

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal
  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 9,166

DIOCESE OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA

Country : United States
Denomination : Anglican
Established : 1905 as Diocese of Harrisburg, named changed to the present in 1971
See city : Harrisburg

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Central Pennsylvania

Official blazon

Argent , a Celtic Cross sable charged with a dove descendant argent; on a chioef sable, a rose argent between a crescent argent and a plate.

Origin/meaning

The Celtic Cross and the Rose symbolize the Anglican Heritage. The Dove is a symbol of the Holy Spirit. The crescent is from the Arms of John Harris, founder of Harrisburg seat of the Diocesan Bishop. The Silver roundel is from the Arms of William Penn, and alludes to the location of the Diocese.


Follow us : Facebook.jpgInstagram.png
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church; Michael Francis McCarthy: Armoria Sedium