Diocese of Exeter
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF EXETER
Gules, a sword erect in pale argent, hilted Or, surmounted of two keys addorsed in saltire, wards in chief, of the last.
The arms were recorded at the College of Arms.
The Keys and Sword alludes to the dedication of the Cathedral to SS. Peter and Paul. The Arms took it present form during the Episcopate of John Boothe 1465-1478.
Arms of Bishops
Frederick Temple (1869-1885)