Diocese of Jackson

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal
  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 9,167

DIOCESE OF JACKSON (Dioecesis Jacksoniensis)

Country : United States
Denomination : Roman Catholic

Established : 1826 as Apostolic Vicariate of Mississippi
1837 as Diocese of Natchez
Renamed 1956 to Diocese of Natchez-Jackson
Renamed 1977 to Diocese of Jackson

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Jackson

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms are composed of a golden field on which is displayed a red cross potent, of The Faith. The cross is placed above a base that is composed of blue and silver alternating wavy bars that is the classic representation of water and is used here to signify the great importance of the Mississippi River to the region and the state of which Jackson is the state capital.

Arms of Apostolic Vicars of Mississippi

Arms of Bishops of Natchez

Arms of Bishops of Natchez-Jackson

Arms of Bishops of Jackson

Arms of Auxiliary Bishops of Jackson


Follow us : Facebook.jpgInstagram.png
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : https://jacksondiocese.org