Diocese of Lansing
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF LANSING (Dioecesis Lansingensis)
Established : 1937
The lances are canting. They cross in an X-shape as the city is located on the junction of the Grand and Red Cedar Rivers. The cross moline is found in the arms of the family Ingham. The see is located in Ingham-County, Michigan.
Blue and argent are the colours of the Blessed Virgin, patron of the diocese and her cathedral.
Arms of Bishops
Joseph Henry Albers (1937–1965)
Alexander Mieceslaus Zaleski (1965–1975)
Kenneth Joseph Povish (1975–1995)
Carl Frederick Mengeling (1995–2008)
Earl Alfred Boyea (2008–present)
Arms of Auxiliary Bishops