Diocese of Oklahoma

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal
  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 10,589

DIOCESE OF OKLAHOMA

Country : United States
Denomination : Anglican
Established : 1837 as a Missionary District, becoming the Diocese of Oklahoma in 1937
See city : Oklahoma City

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Oklahoma

Official blazon

Per pale azure and argent, on a slatire between a mullet in the chief and an indian arrowhead in base, and two wagon wheels in fesse, a shoemaker's awl and leather knife per saltire , all counterchanged.

Origin/meaning

The Star is from the State Seal of Oklahoma and the Arrow head alludes to Oklahoma previously was named The Indian Territory. The Wagon Wheels alludes to the Cherokee run of 1893. the awl and knife is symbols of SS Cripin and Crispinian, near whose feast day, October 25th, most important changes in the Diocese has taken place.

___________________________________________________________

Rate these arms / rate this page :

0.00
(0 votes)

(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)

Follow us on Facebook.jpg

Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church.