Diocese of South Dakota
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF SOUTH DAKOTA
Country : United States
Denomination : Anglican
Established : 1871 as the Missionary District of Niobara, renamed in 1884 as the Missionary District of South Dakota. Which in 1971 bedom the Diocese of South Dakota
See city : Sioux Falls
Argent on a cross gules between four teepees gules the Greek words ΙΝΧΩΖΩΗΝ in pale and ΣΧΩΡΙ and in fess, all or.
The Arms are based on the First diocesean seal.
Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church; Michael Francis McCarthy: Armoria Sedium