Diocese of Trenton

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal
  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 9,163

DIOCESE OF TRENTON (Dioecesis Trentonensis)

Country : United States
Denomination : Roman Catholic

Established : 1881

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Trenton

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The golden heraldic cross moline signifies the mill which was built by Mahlon Stacy on the Delaware River in 1680. A village developed around the mill and in 1714, one William Trent bought the property surrounding the mill and the area became known as ¨Trentown´ or ´Trenton´. The superimposed silver moon is a symbol of the Blessed Virgin Mary, patroness of the diocese. The two shields colors blue and argent/white are also the colors of Mary.

Arms of Bishops

Arms of Auxiliary Bishops


Follow us : Facebook.jpgInstagram.png
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : diocesan website, Hans van Heijningen