Diocese of West Missouri
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF WEST MISSOURI
Azure, between, in chief , a crescent argent, and in flanks, two pendant ears of maize leaved and slipped or, a pairle of the second, theron four crosses gules.
The four red crosses symbolizes the anglican heritage and the pairle (Y-shape) symbolizes the conflunce of the Missouri and Kansas Rivers at Kansas City, the See city of the Diocese.The Crescent is from the State Seal of Missouri and also symbolize the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Ears of Maize stand for the farming in the diocesean Area. The Coat of Arms was designed by Pierre de Chaignon LaRose and adopted in 1909.
Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church.