Diocese of West Texas
|Heraldry of the World|
|Ecclesiastical heraldry portal|
DIOCESE OF WEST TEXAS
Querterlu gules and azure a cross throughout argent between in 1st a representation of the Alamo argent; in 2nd a mullet argent, in 3rd the lion of St Mark or and in 4th the bull of St Luke tor the sinister or; surtout an escutcheon azure a trophy of six flags and a dovetailed banner argent a cross gules.
The Alamo a famous Texan landmark is situated in the Diocese. The Star symbolizes Texas. The Flags symbolizes the historic six flags that has flown over Texas. Designed by Rev. Louis A. Parker, the Arms was adopted in June 1927.
Literature : Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church; Michael Francis McCarthy: Armoria Sedium.