Diocese of Wheeling–Charleston

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal
  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 9,163

DIOCESE OF WHEELING-CHARLESTON (Dioecesis Vhelingensis–Carolopolitanus)

Country : United States
Denomination : Roman Catholic

Established : 1850 as Diocese of Wheeling
renamed to Wheeling-Charleston in 1974.

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Wheeling–Charleston

Official blazon

Per chevron, gules and vert, in base three chevronels argent, over all a lily slipped and leaved or.

Origin/meaning

The chevrons are used to signify the mountains of West Virginia that are such a significant aspect of the geography of the region. Overall, is a golden lily to honor Saint Joseph, patron of the Cathedral-Church of Wheeling.

Arms of Bishops of Wheeling

Arms of Bishops of Wheeling-Charleston

Arms of Auxiliary and Coadjutor Bishops


Follow us : Facebook.jpgInstagram.png
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature :