|Heraldry of the World |
|Danish heraldry portal|
The arms were devised in 1944 and show the bridge in the municipality.
The owl is a symbol for the local Gymnasium, the main school in a large area, making the town a typical student's town. The two crosses symbolise the two churches in the municipality at the time.
Literature: Achen, 1982