Eldorado (São Paulo)
|Heraldry of the World |
Heráldica do Mundo
|Brazil heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Brazil
Heráldica do Brasil
State : São Paulo
The arms were granted on September 18, 1975.
The cross symbolises the first chapel erected in the region in 1757, dedicated to St. Mary. The fleur-de-lys are the symbol of St. Mary. The chief indicates the battles fought in the region in the war of 1932.
The shield is flanked by rice and corn, the main crops in the region.
Literature : Image and background provided by Lauro Ribeiro Escobar, São Paulo.