|Heraldry of the World|
|Luxembourg heraldry portal|
Héraldique de Luxembourg
The arms were granted on September 21, 1978.
The arms are derived from elements from the arms of several families. The division of the shield is taken from the arms of Frédéric and Gérard of Erpeldange in the 13th century, who used a St. Andrew's cross in their arms.
The roundels are taken from the arms of the Gondersdorf family, who used 5 black roundels on two bars. The Gondersdorf family ruled Erpeldange from 1464-1691.
The stars are derived from the arms of Baron du Prel, who acquired Erpeldange in 1691 through his marriage with Marie de Failly, descendant of the Gondersdorf family.
Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.