|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) Von Blau und Silber gespalten, rechts ein halber rotbewehrter silberner Adler am Spalt, links eine aufgerichtete blaue Weintraube mit grünen Blättern.
The arms were granted on July 17, 1952.
The oldest known seal of the village dates from the 16th century and shows the a demi-eagle of the Counts of Leiningen, to whom the village at the time belonged. In the late 16th century a bunch of grapes was added to the seal, as a symbol for viticulture. In later seals the grapes were transformed to an undefined plant with three leaves. The above arms were based on the 16th and 17th century seals.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Literature : Debus, 1988