|German||In Silber auf grünem Dreiberg nebeneinander zwei Rebstöcke an roten Pfählen mit je zwei goldenen Trauben und zwei grünen Blättern.|
The arms were officially granted on April 20, 1959.
Euerdorf was a possession of the Archbishops of Würzburg, who fortified the city around 1600. The oldest seal dates from 1650 and shows already two vines. The vines indicate the (former) importance of viticulture for the area. In the oldest seal the shield has a chief with a Paschal Lamb (Agnus Dei), which replaced the vines as the main symbol on the shield in the 19th century. The Paschal Lamb has been used as arms until the late 19th century when the vines replaced the lamb.
The present arms are a little simplified as compared to the older early 20th century version.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms in the Deutsches Wappenmuseum
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site