|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The palm branch is the oldest village symbol, and san be seen on 16th century borderstones and a 17th century seal. The branch is the symbol of St. Vincent, the local patron saint. In the late 18th century the two bunches of grapes were added, symbol for the importance of viticulture in the municipality.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.