|Heraldry of the World|
|Luxembourg heraldry portal|
Héraldique de Luxembourg
The arms were granted on January 5, 1983.
The lion in the arms is derived from the arms of the Heffingen family. The bar is derived from the arms for Reuland, created in 1450 by Georges de Larochette. In the new arms the three points refer to the three main towers in the municipality.
The cross in the lower part of the arms is derived from the arms of the Larochette family, who were for a long time Lords of Heffingen.
Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.