Jumet

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
Belgium.jpg
Belgian heraldry portal
Belgische wapens
Armorial de Belgique
Belgium-flag.jpg

JUMET

Province : Hainaut
Incorporated into : 1977 Charleroi

Armoiries de Jumet

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on September 27, 1909.

The arms are based on the oldest known seal of the village, known from March 1628, but probably dating from the 16th century. The seal, and all later seals, show the two crossed keys of St. Peter. These are taken from the arms of the former Lobbes Abbey, to which the village historically belonged from the 9th century until the late 18th century.

Wapen van/Blason de Jumet

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Wapen van/Blason de Jumet

The arms on a stamp used in 1939


Follow us : Facebook.jpgInstagram.png
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Servais, 1955