|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In Blau der goldene Großbuchstabe K überhöht von einer goldenen Laubkrone.
The arms are used since 1946, but were officially granted on June 10, 1952.
The arms are those of the former Cistercian Monastery in the town, which was a Free Imperial Monastery (which is symbolised by the crown). The first use of the arms for the abbey date from the early 16th century. The arms were used in the 17th and 18th century, but became obsolete after 1803.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.