|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Geteilt von Silber und Blau; oben eine rote Lilie, unten eine goldene heraldische Rose.
The arms were officially granted on September 19, 1969.
The fleur-de-lys is the symbol of St. Mary, since at least 1251 patron saint of the local church. The rose in the base is taken from the arms of the Zu Guttenberg family, who are first mentioned in the village in 1503 and who still own the local castle.
Literature : Information Region Unterfranken