Kokava nad Rimavicou
|Heraldry of the World |
|Slovak heraldry portal|
Heraldika na Slovensku
KOKAVA NAD RIMAVICOU
Province : Banská Bystrica
District (okres) : Poltár
The arms show three saw blades, symbolising the historical water powered wood cutting mills. Forestry has been of importance to the village during the centuries. The arms are based on the historical seals of the local council, dating from 1596 and 1615 and used until the mid 19th century.
From 1850-1945 the council used a seal with a shield with a landscape with rocks, trees and a saw mill. The historical arms were adopted again on November 27, 1985 and renewed on August 25, 1995.
Rate these arms / rate this page :
Literature : Kartous and Vrteľ , 2000; Sokolovský, L.: Podoby a osudy erbu Kokavy nad Rimavicou. Kokava nad Rimavicou, Obecný úrad 1996, 46 s.