Difference between revisions of "Kokava nad Rimavicou"

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replace - "|}|}<" to "|}<")
m (Text replace - "ľ" to "ľ")
Line 19: Line 19:
 
From 1850-1945 the council used a seal with a shield with a landscape with rocks, trees and a saw mill. The historical arms were adopted again on November 27, 1985 and renewed on August 25, 1995.
 
From 1850-1945 the council used a seal with a shield with a landscape with rocks, trees and a saw mill. The historical arms were adopted again on November 27, 1985 and renewed on August 25, 1995.
  
[[Literature]] : Kartous and Vrte&#318; , 2000; Sokolovský, L.: Podoby a osudy erbu Kokavy nad Rimavicou. Kokava nad Rimavicou, Obecný úrad 1996, 46 s.
+
[[Literature]] : Kartous and Vrteľ , 2000; Sokolovský, L.: Podoby a osudy erbu Kokavy nad Rimavicou. Kokava nad Rimavicou, Obecný úrad 1996, 46 s.
  
 
[[Category:Slovak Municipalities K]]
 
[[Category:Slovak Municipalities K]]

Revision as of 08:42, 9 November 2012

Slovakia.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Slovakia (Slovenská Heraldika Miest a Obcí)
Slovakia.jpg

KOKAVA NAD RIMAVICOU

Province : Banská Bystrica
District (okres) : Poltár

Kokavar.jpg

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms show three saw blades, symbolising the historical water powered wood cutting mills. Forestry has been of importance to the village during the centuries. The arms are based on the historical seals of the local council, dating from 1596 and 1615 and used until the mid 19th century.

From 1850-1945 the council used a seal with a shield with a landscape with rocks, trees and a saw mill. The historical arms were adopted again on November 27, 1985 and renewed on August 25, 1995.

Literature : Kartous and Vrteľ , 2000; Sokolovský, L.: Podoby a osudy erbu Kokavy nad Rimavicou. Kokava nad Rimavicou, Obecný úrad 1996, 46 s.