Kokava nad Rimavicou

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon


The arms show three saw blades, symbolising the historical water powered wood cutting mills. Forestry has been of importance to the village during the centuries. The arms are based on the historical seals of the local council, dating from 1596 and 1615 and used until the mid 19th century.

From 1850-1945 the council used a seal with a shield with a landscape with rocks, trees and a saw mill. The historical arms were adopted again on November 27, 1985 and renewed on August 25, 1995.

Follow us :   
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Kartous and Vrteľ , 2000; Sokolovský, L.: Podoby a osudy erbu Kokavy nad Rimavicou. Kokava nad Rimavicou, Obecný úrad 1996, 46 s.