|Heraldry of the World|
|Swiss heraldry portal|
Armorial de Suisse
Tranché d'argent et de gueules au soleil d'or brochant.
Throughout the Middle Ages, Lucens was part of the bishopric of Lausanne. In the twelfth century, Bishop William of Champvent rebuilt the castle, endowing it with a beautiful tower which still dominates this part of the Broye. The coat of arms of Lucens appear in the seventeenth century, but they could be older. The colours are those of the bishopric of Lausanne and the sun refers to the name of Lucens (meaning brilliant in Latin).
Variations of the arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960
Literature : Dessemontet, 1972