|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Schild gespalten; vorne in Silber eine bewurzelte grüne Tanne; hinten in Blau gekreuzt ein silberner Bergmannshammer und ein silberner Bergmannsschlägel.
The present municipality was called Ibenthann until 1938 and the addition Haidhof was added in 1956. The arms were granted on June 22, 1953 and show in the right part of the arms the canting pine tree (=Tanne) of Ibenthann.
The left part symbolises the iron factory of Maxhütte, which was founded in the 19th century and who gave the town its present name, as well as the mining in the area. The colours are the colours of Bayern.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.