|Heraldry of the World|
|Luxembourg heraldry portal|
Héraldique de Luxembourg
The arms were granted on November 4, 1983.
The arms are mainly based on the arms of the Milbourg family, that ruled Mersch for many centuries until 1793. Their arms showed the bars and the spur in the upper right corner. In the early 19th century the municiplaity became a possession of the Autel family, and the bordure in the arms is taken from the cross of the arms of the Autel family.
The arms in the Coffee Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.