Mussbach an der Weinstrasse
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
MUSSBACH AN DER WEINSTRASSE
The arms were granted on September 24, 1892.
The arms are based on a late 15th century seal. The arms are a combination of the arms of the Wittelsbach family and the lion of the Pfalz (see Rheinland-Pfalz). On the original seal two pillars were placed around the arms. These are still used in the seals of the town, but not in the arms. Nowadays the lion, which officially and historically should be crowned, is shown without the crown.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.