NEW WINDSOR ROYAL BOROUGH COUNCIL
Incorporated into : 1974 Windsor and Maidenhead
Per fesse Argent and Vert a Stag's Head caboshed of the first in chief between the attires Sable an Escutcheon of France Modern and England quarterly in base a Castle Wall with three Towers also Argent in the central tower a open Port with Portcullis raised Or.
Arms entered (without tinctures) at the Visitation of 1532; Confirmed with tinctures at the Visitation of 1566; certified painting supplied by Richmond Herald in 1947
The castle is, of course, a reference to Windsor's famous royal fortress, and the stag's head recalls that the Windsor Great Park around the town formed a hunting ground for the Norman kings. The shield depicts the old 1405-1603 Royal Arms and is appropriate as New Windsor is a Royal Borough.
The arms as used on a JaJa postcard +/- 1905
The arms as used on a Faulkner postcard +/- 1905
The arms on a Wills's cigarette card, 1906
The arms on a Thomson and Porteous cigarette card, 1905
The arms on a postcard +/- 1905
The arms in the Coffee Hag albums +/- 1925