|German||In Silber zwischen drei (1:2) blau besamten roten Rosen zwei schräggekreuzte blaue Flößerhaken (mit nach außen gekehrten Spitzen), das Ganze umschlungen von einem geknoteten blauen Seil.|
The oldest known seal of the village dates from 1601 and shows in a shield two boat-hooks surrounded by a rope. In 1722 the arms in the seal had changed; the rope has disappeared and three roses were added. The hooks and the rope are a symbol for the sailing and fisheries in the Murg river. The roses are taken from the arms of the County Eberstein, to which the village belonged.
In the 19th century seals the roses disappear and only the hooks remain. In 1901 the municipality decides to formalise the arms, according to the seal of 1601, with the rope and hooks in arbitrary colours. The arms were officially adopted in March 1901.
In 1959 the council applied for an addition of the three roses to the arms. These new arms were granted on August 18, 1959.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Zier and Futterer, 1966.